STEELE is a longtime global business advisory and risk management company providing investigative due diligence for large multinational companies. STEELE helps organisations protect and enhance their enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment.
STEELE provides fixed-cost due diligence reviews with predictable timelines, superior quality control and consistency in over 150 countries. We work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate, and overcome business challenges in emerging and high-risk markets.
With 20 years of experience in the field, STEELE sets the industry standard for innovative, professional and highly personalised risk management throughout the enterprise.» more
+44 (0)20 7242 7400
Ensuring Anti-Bribery Compliance.
Insight and Implementation
Mounting pressure over the last 11 years for reform of the law relating to bribery and corruption in the UK (effectively since the 1998 OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions) has resulted in a new Bribery Act passed on April 8, 2010 and is stricter than its counterpart legislation in the United States, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
The Bribery Act:
- provides a more effective legal framework to combat bribery in the public and private sectors
- replaces the fragmented and complex offences at common law and in the Prevention of Corruption Acts 1889-1916
- create two general offences covering the offering, promising or giving of an advantage, and requesting, agreeing to receive or accepting of an advantage
- creates a discrete offence of bribery of a foreign public official
- creates a new offence of failure by a commercial organisation to prevent a bribe being paid for or on its behalf it will be a defence if the organisation has adequate procedures in place to prevent bribery
- supports business by ensuring that everyone is clear about their responsibilities to conduct business in an open and honest manner
- helps tackle the threat that bribery poses to economic progress and development around the world.